Frequently Asked Questions - Insurance & Rates
What information does my insurance company need for me to determine whether they will cover your services?
To verify your nutrition benefits, we recommend that you reach out to your insurance company directly. If your insurance plan does not offer insurance benefits, we can work with you to discuss other options that may be possible.
- You can access our Insurance Worksheet here which will prompt you what specific questions to ask. Please note, if you are interested in working with us, you will be required to fill this form either way, so so feel free to submit the information after checking!
What are the costs of services at Reclaim Nutrition?
We do our best to make care accesible while also ensuring we are providing the best care to our clients. If your insurance plan does not cover nutrition counseling, or we are not in network with your insurance, the fees are as follows:
- Initial session: $135 per session
- Follow up session: $135 per sesion
- Parental support session: $70 per session (for 30 min appt)
- Meal support group: $20 per group session
What does "out-of-network" mean?
If you do not see your insurance above, it is likely we are not in network with your provider and therefore considered "out of network" providers. This would mean you would be responsible for payment at the time of service. We are able to provide you with an itemized receipt, called a Superbill, at the end of each month which you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
Check your out of network benefits online HERE!
What is a typical length of treatment so that I can consider my overall investment in this process?
Everyone's journey is so different but we typically find our best work is long term. Depending on where you are in your recovery process or what your goals are, you and your clinician can determine what might be the best plan.
- In an ideal setting, we prefer to see our new clients weekly until we determine together that it may be time to start to transition to spacing out our sessions to biweekly, then monthly, then as needed check-ins.
Do you offer reduced rates or a sliding scale?
We believe that everyone deserves access to quality healthcare and also understand that this isn't accessible for many individuals, especially with eating disorder treatment. Each clinician reserves limited spaces for clients in need of reduced session rates or a sliding scale. Please feel free to reach out if you would like more information!
If I don't live near the office, or in a different state, can I still work with Reclaim Nutrition?
We currently offer virtual sessions and we are able to work with individuals anywhere in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Delaware & Virginia.
We may also be able to work with you if you are out of state, but this will vary depending on your state's nutrition licensure laws regarding medical nutrition therapy (MNT). Contact us if you have any questions regarding your state's laws!