Say HI to these little cuties!
They are roasted chickpeas – I am sure you’ve heard of this by now, or maybe have seen them around Pinterest, or even pre-made sold at stores. They are definitely not a new fad, but I still find a lot of people I know haven’t actually tried them.
I shared this recipe for them years ago but they were a-top a salad, so I figured it might make sense to post a whole separate recipe if you JUST want to make these.
I use my ultimate spice combo here – smoked paprika, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper. These combined make the perfect savory flavor for most things – but especially these. Working on a college campus, I am always trying to find alternatives to nuts (due to concerns for allergies) and I recently sampled these to my college students. It was a HIT!
- 16 oz can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- After rinsing chickpeas, make sure they have completely dried using a towel, or paper towels.
- Add olive oil and spices to chickpeas, incorporating it well.
- Place on a baking pan, with the chickpeas nice and spread out.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 40 minutes, or until crispy. Shake pan through halfway.
There you have it! It’s really quite simple to make and can be stored and eaten for a day or 2 later. Just make sure they are completely cooled before storing it in a zip lock or Tupperware, so it doesn’t steam and soften the chickpeas too much.
You may want to leave them in the oven a little longer if they aren’t all crispy, since each oven varies! I like to sprinkle on a little extra salt at the end. These would pair really well with some cheese, like a sharp cheddar, or you can be extra fancy and add it to a cheese board!
Hope you enjoy this recipe, as always!
Lots of LOVE,