Today, I bring you, not only a delicious combo of tomato, cucumber, feta and avocado tossed in a tangy vinaigrette, but also a beautiful way to serve it. I think we all know how important presentation is when serving food. If it wasn’t for that, no one would care about reading food blogs or sharing food photos. Just looking at food that is pleasing to the eye makes you want to eat it.
Love and Tomato Feta Salad over Sliced Avocado
- 2 avocados
- 1 pack of cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1 small cucumber sliced and quartered
- 1/2 tsp salt and ground black pepper
Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- pinch of salt pepper
- 1/4 tsp dry oregano
- 1 tbsp crumbled feta
- 1/4 tsp honey or sugar
- Slice the avocados in half and remove the pit. Scoop the avocado halves with large spoon so that they keep their shape. Cut into quarters, so you have 8 slices total.
- Drizzle lightly with the vinegar or lemon juice which will help prevent the avocados from turning brown.
- Whisk ingredients of vinaigrette to make dressing and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato, feta and cucumbers. Season with salt and pepper. Toss with dressing.
- Serve a large spoonful of salad over sliced avocado.
You can add any other veggies you like, including red onions, fresh herbs or bell peppers.
Spruce it up with your favorite salad dressing or switch up the cheese.
It’s a simple base that can be a versatile, fun way to enhance your next meal!
However you do it, make it how you love it!
Hope you enjoy!
Lots of LOVE,